Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, salt chilli squid. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Salt Chilli Squid is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Salt Chilli Squid is something which I have loved my whole life.
Clean the squid, remove the tentacles, bone (looks like a plastic rod) and any skin or membranes. Using only the white flesh cut along one side of each pouch and open out flat. Put the flour, salt, pepper and.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook salt chilli squid using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Salt Chilli Squid:
- Prepare 200 g squid hoods, cleaned
- Make ready 115 g plain all purpose flour
- Make ready 1 tsp chilli powder
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Take 2 long red chillies, cut lengthways and deseeded
- Get Small handful fresh coriander
- Take 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Heat oil in a hot wok until the surface seems to shimmer slightly. In a large bowl, combine flour, chilli powder and salt. Add squid, including tentacles, and toss to coat, shaking off any excess flour. Heat oil in a hot wok until the surface seems to shimmer.
Instructions to make Salt Chilli Squid:
- Cut the squid into strips about 1 cm wide
- Mix the flour, chilli powder and salt thoroughly in large bowl
- Set up a fryer at 190 degree celcius
- Dredge the squid through the chilli flour, ensuring all the surfaces and coated. Gently shake off the axcess.
- Fry for 60 seconds in two batches
- For the last batch, fry the chilli together with the squid. Drain on paper towel.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with the coriander
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side
- Don’t squeeze the lemon over the squid all at once at this will turn it into a soggy pickle. Squeeze and eat as you go.
Crush (preferably with a mortar and pestle) with the salt. (If you don't have sea or rock salt, use half the amount of normal table salt). Heat the wok again until hot as it can get. Add oil, and once hot, add the squid. I absolutely love the flavours of a good Chinese salt and chilli dish - I already have a recipe for Salt and Pepper Chicken but I think I prefer this Salt and Chilli Squid recipe which is a bit spicier. I am really particular when it comes to this dish - I love it with lots of chilli - and have tried various good and bad versions from different Chinese.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food salt chilli squid recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!